MALICO, the Malawi Library and Information Consortium is a young organisation on the Malawi Information Scene. It was established on 7 May 2003 and celebrated its 2nd Anniversary in style with the launch of its VSAT Network, giving academic connectivity from north to south of Malawi.
- To encourage national, regional and international cooperation among information stakeholders,
- To influence information policy at the national level,
- To work for adequate ICT infrastructure for members, especially sufficient internet bandwidth
- To assist in the development of appropriate ICT skills at all levels,
- To facilitate access to electronic journal articles in international databases,
- To organise and digitise Malawian content,
- To provide information consultancy.